The effective analysis and interpretation of quantitative and qualitative data is important to ensure that the right information is captured and reported. This workshop will outline how you can apply coding principles to the quantitative and qualitative information to ensure you can analyse, synthesis, and extract meaning from your information systematically so it can be used effectively. Hands on exercises will provide you with an opportunity to apply a coding approach to data, and discuss and reflect on the requirements you may have in your own work so you can apply and manage this for your own project, programme, or policy.
As a participant, you will learn:
- the purpose and importance of information coding to interpret data accurately
- the underlying principles of information coding
- how coding can be applied to both quantitative and qualitative information
- how to code qualitative information through a practical exercise.
Who should attend?
You and your colleagues will find this workshop invaluable if you:
- are responsible for collecting and reporting information within your organisation/project/programme
- want to understand how results can be analysed and presented effectively to ensure decision making based on quality information.
Benefits in attending
Building your skills in the analysis and interpretation of information will help with the following:
- gain accurate meaning and interpretation of information
- assess results systematically in a reliable and credible manner
- develop quality evidence through data to tell your performance story